.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eternal sunshine of the rambling mind

Thursday, June 15, 2006

It was love at first hearing

Oh for the love of my own voice.....Its the most amazing thing that we spend a good chunk of our life talking and we ourselves dont get to hear our voice the way it sounds to others. It has surprised me in the past to hear recordings of my own voice. Today I happened to playback the message I had left on my friend's voicemail and was struck by how great my voice sounded. :-) I know its narcissistic, but well, I spent the better part of the next hour recording and listening to my voice in different languages....And I fell in love !

6 Comments:

At 8:21 am, June 16, 2006, Blogger rākeśvara said...

Well you must have sounded like your brother.

At least thats what happened to me, i almost thought it was my brother(cousin) when I heard mine, did not fall in love though, as it sounded like a clumsier version of my brother's.

 
At 1:07 am, June 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True!
Even I have fallen in love with my voice several times!

 
At 10:18 am, July 11, 2006, Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

And I thought I sounded like my sister!!!! High five, Raka!

And Prasanna, you might want to try out a research analyst's job! You keep recording all your interviews and well listening to them later! :)

 
At 10:34 am, July 11, 2006, Blogger sp said...

Well, there was this one time when a friend of mine rang me up and my cousin picked up the phone. He tried hard to convince her that I wasnt at home and hence unable to take the call. But she refused to believe that it wasnt me speaking to her and thought I was kidding around with her.

:-)

 
At 11:05 pm, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

narcissism, no doubt, but hey, if you have a good feature, why not? it's good to like/apprecite something good about ourselves.

now if u could only clone urself :)

 
At 9:08 am, September 26, 2006, Blogger sp said...

first thing...no, i would never want to clone myself. i dont want another copy of myself. thats a dilution. ha ha..now this is narcissism, isnt it? ;-)

n my voice isnt that musical. but hey, its MY voice...n so i like it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>