.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Eternal sunshine of the rambling mind

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Equanimity - an enviable state of existence

Yesterday, I walked down the wet streets of my locality with a few clothes that I needed to get 'ironed'. All the while I was kind of cribbing and thinking that the drizzling prevents me from going out anywhere and that it is all such a big inconvenience.

I came up to the 'dhobi' who hailed me cheerfully and looking at my load, warned me that it wud take him till the next morning to get them done. I noticed that all he had to protect himself from the natural elements was a tarpaulin sheet covering his trolly. But this man, who had to perhaps iron 100 clothes a day to earn 200 bucks, was cheerfully smoking a beedi and listening to the radio and having a jolly time, while I was going about cribbing and complaining.

Well, I left him and wondered aloud on how he was so content and enjoying what life has to offer to him, while the majority of the young tech crowd is ever disgruntled about not being able to meet their ever increasing aspirations.

Well, I guess, this is 'equanimity'.
An enviable state of existence.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 pm, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but r u still frettin abt the daily activities? or did ya learn from the dhobi wala???
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>